Vivienne has a long standing connection with India, having lived there previously for 22 years. Her father, Dennis Jarvis, was a tea planter in the Nilgiris mountains, and subsequently a racehorse trainer and breeder, racing in all the main cities around India. Her mother, Yvonne, was also an extremely accomplished horsewoman. Vivienne was raised on tea plantations in the South, was educated at boarding school in the Nilgiris mountains, and lived all around India when working with the family horseracing and breeding business. She speaks Tamil fluently as well as basic Hindi and knows the place like the back of her hand – as she says “although England is technically “home”, India is where my heart lies”.
Corporately, her career has included:
- the HR Director role for the successful London 2012 Olympic Bid, and the London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games (2003 – 2007).
- founding and running her own Management and Executive Coaching Consultancy, for Board and Director level clients across a range of blue chip companies.
- travelling the world extensively as Cabin Crew and Management for British Airways
Vivienne continues to return to India every year to visit her longstanding family friends, research the market, keep abreast of developments and review the service and quality of Jarvis Journeys’ portfolio of “Places To Stay”.
She is passionate about India and founded Jarvis Journeys so her clients can fully enjoy the benefit of her unique and detailed knowledge and experience.
The Jarvis family in South India – Vivienne at 2 years of age
- Enrich clients’ lives from experiencing the warm hospitality of the Indian people.
- Help develop India’s reputation as a unique, joyful, safe and compelling holiday destination.
- Be the boutique provider of choice for bespoke holidays to India
- Provide stunning, joyful and memorable bespoke holidays for Jarvis Journeys’ clients.
- Contribute to the success and reputation of the various “Places To Stay”.
- Enhance the lives of the local people, by bringing them our custom, interest, appreciation and regard.
- Extend the legacy of the mark that Dennis and Yvonne Jarvis, and family, made in their time in India.
JARVIS JOURNEYS’ TRAVEL PARTNERS:
To ensure your bespoke holiday is properly and carefully fulfilled, Jarvis Journeys partners with:
- London based tour operator Avion Holidays, who handle all bookings/invoicing for your flights and accommodation on Jarvis Journeys’ behalf. Avion is CAA ATOL bonded, specialises in India, and has been operating for 30 years.
- South India based destination management company Dravidian Trails, who are our representatives on the ground in South India, and have offices in Kochi, Chennai and Bangalore.
- Delhi based DMC Royal Indian Voyages, who ensure all your travel arrangements are fulfilled to the letter through our close network of excellent local contacts across North India, and who are also contactable anytime.
Jarvis Journeys’ India representatives and local contacts are extremely well known to Vivienne Jarvis, and have been chosen specifically because of their trustworthiness, reliability, efficiency and brilliant customer service.They will meet you personally on arrival, along with your car and driver, and provide a 24/7 point of contact and detailed responsive support during your holiday – their attention to detail and their service ethic is outstanding.
Unique and unmatched experience
Vivienne Jarvis’ wide career experience, her family history, and in depth knowledge of India is unique and unmatched. The benefit of this experience goes into the detailed design of and arrangements for your bespoke holiday.
Trustworthiness and efficiency
You book a holiday hoping and trusting it will fulfil your expectations. Jarvis Journeys key intention is to honour and repay that trust and ensure your trip is everything you had hoped for and more. The majority of our clients come via referral or recommendation and JARVIS JOURNEYS testimonials speak for themselves.
The personal touch
JARVIS JOURNEYS and its travel partners are all owner founded and run, so you receive highly personalised service from the owners themselves. The enjoyment of your holiday is their priority, down to the smallest detail.
Quality service and care when you are travelling
JARVIS JOURNEYS has taken a great deal of care when choosing its representatives in India, taking into account the quality of their service, the drivers and vehicles. They will meet you personally on arrival, and will keep a constant eye on how your journey is progressing. Your driver is intrinsic to the enjoyment of your holiday and is highly aware of the service levels expected. We are all contactable 24/7 when you are travelling, should you need anything at any time.